This describes an electrical system that is designed, evaluated, and approved to limit danger in hazardous areas. The rating authority is the UL, a global independent safety science company, which is recognized as the standard in safety ratings. Devices with Class 1 Div 1 or Class 1 Div 2 ratings are typically required when used in petrochemical and related environments.
Recent SmartConnect Articles
- 48 hours from Concept to Mobilization: A SmartConnect Field Day Event
- The WTF Series – Session 3 – CWI Base Camp Example
- The WTF Series – Session 2 – Understanding the Decision Cycle
- The WTF Series – Session 1- Setting Up to Succeed at Digital Transformation
- SmartConnect Featured in Workplace Safety and Health Q&A Session