Principle communication and ranging radio used in the SMC-T3 asset badge. A Low Power Wide Area Network (LPWAN) specification intended for wireless battery operated Things in a regional, national or global network. LoRaWAN targets key requirements of Internet of Things such as secure bi-directional communication, mobility and localization services. The LoRaWAN specification provides seamless interoperability among smart Things without the need of complex local installations and gives back the freedom to the user, developer, and businesses enabling the roll out of Internet of Things. LoRa is a slower data transfer that other technologies, however is more suitable for industrial environments due to the use of radio frequencies that penetrate most metals.
Recent SmartConnect Articles
- 48 hours from Concept to Mobilization: A SmartConnect Field Day Event
- The WTF Series – Session 3 – CWI Base Camp Example
- The WTF Series – Session 2 – Understanding the Decision Cycle
- The WTF Series – Session 1- Setting Up to Succeed at Digital Transformation
- SmartConnect Featured in Workplace Safety and Health Q&A Session