Direct communication between devices using any communications channel, including wired and wireless. Machine-to-machine communication can include industrial instrumentation, enabling a sensor or meter to communicate the data it records (such as temperature, inventory level, etc.) to application software that can use it (for example, adjusting an industrial process based on temperature or placing orders to replenish inventory).
Recent SmartConnect Articles
- 48 hours from Concept to Mobilization: A SmartConnect Field Day Event
- The WTF Series – Session 3 – CWI Base Camp Example
- The WTF Series – Session 2 – Understanding the Decision Cycle
- The WTF Series – Session 1- Setting Up to Succeed at Digital Transformation
- SmartConnect Featured in Workplace Safety and Health Q&A Session