This web site is maintained by Certified Safety. Our website address is: http://certifiedsafety.net.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
We collect name, phone number, and email contact information on contact forms with clear contact opt-in selections.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year. If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser. When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed. If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
This site uses Google Analytics.
Who we share your data with
We do not share or sell your data with any outside party.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue. For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
How we protect your data
Certified Safety discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on Certified Safety’s behalf or to provide services available at Certified Safety’s websites, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using Certified Safety’s websites, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. Certified Safety will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, Certified Safety discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when Certified Safety believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Certified Safety, third parties or the public at large. If you have supplied your email address, Certified Safety may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with Certified Safety. We primarily use our various product blogs to communicate this type of information, so we expect to keep this type of email to a minimum. Certified Safety takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
If you would like to contact us for any reason regarding our privacy practices, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at the following address: Certified Safety, Inc. Attn: Privacy/Legal Department 1177 Butler Road League City, TX 77573
SmartConnect Solution Personal Data Privacy Statement
The SmartConnect connected worker solution utilizes a wearable badge to interact with the site workforce. SmartConnect operates on a private narrow-band communication network completely isolated to the boundaries of worksites. The badge enables limited bi-directional communications between personnel and management.
As a condition of access to worksites, the site workforce is required to keep their badge on while on site. SmartConnect will only collect data on worksites. The following workforce information will be collected and retained (collectively referred to as “Information”):
- Employee’s facility access badge number which provides a unique identifier;
- Time-stamped location coordinates, craft, and safety permissions. This information will help support key safety features and functionality of the SmartConnect system; and,
- Each employee’s department to ensure access level and appropriate data restrictions.
Information will only be shared in limited circumstances:
- Compliance with Law. Information collected may be released when required to comply with applicable law, government requests, judicial proceedings, court orders, or legal process, such as response to a court order or subpoena.
- Vital Interests and Legal Rights. Information may be disclosed when it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential safety threats, illegal activities or as evidence in litigation.
- Business Transfers. Information may be shared or transferred in connection with SmartConnect or as a part of any ownership changes of SmartConnect.
- Additional Consents. If Information is needed beyond these limited circumstances, additional supplemental consent will be obtained in advance of any use or release.
- SmartConnect has implemented technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any Information processed.
- If the SmartConnect system suffers a security breach that that impacts this Information, you will be informed using the contact information you have provided.
- California and EU residents have rights under applicable data protection laws. These may include the right (i) to request access and obtain a copy of your personal information, (ii) to request rectification or erasure; (iii) to restrict the processing of your personal information; and (iv) if applicable, to data portability. In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. To make this request, use https://getsmartconnect.com/privacy-policy/. Any legitimate request made in accordance with applicable data protection laws will be processed.
- If SmartConnect is relying solely on your consent to process Information, you have the right to withdraw your consent. This does not affect the lawfulness of Information processing before its withdrawal.
- For more information and for the latest privacy updates, please go to https://getsmartconnect.com/privacy-policy/.