This web site is maintained by Certified Safety. Our website address is: http://certifiedsafety.net.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
We collect name, phone number, and email contact information on contact forms with clear contact opt-in selections.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year. If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser. When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed. If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
This site uses Google Analytics.
Who we share your data with
We do not share or sell your data with any outside party.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue. For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
How we protect your data
Certified Safety discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on Certified Safety’s behalf or to provide services available at Certified Safety’s websites, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using Certified Safety’s websites, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. Certified Safety will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, Certified Safety discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when Certified Safety believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Certified Safety, third parties or the public at large. If you have supplied your email address, Certified Safety may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with Certified Safety. We primarily use our various product blogs to communicate this type of information, so we expect to keep this type of email to a minimum. Certified Safety takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
If you would like to contact us for any reason regarding our privacy practices, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at the following address: Certified Safety, Inc. Attn: Privacy/Legal Department 1177 Butler Road League City, TX 77573
SmartConnect Solution Personal Data Privacy Statement
SmartConnect Solution Personal Data Privacy Statement
SmartConntect utilizes a wearable badge (also referred to as an asset tag) to interact with the site workforce, operating on a private narrow band communication network completely isolated to the boundaries of the project. The badge enables limited bi-directional communications between personnel and management.
Information specific to employees that will be collected and utilized includes:
- Employee’s facility access badge number to provide unique identifier
- Name and photo to enable interaction with security personnel
- Time stamped location coordinates, craft, position, and safety permissions information will support key features and functionality
- EPC grouping, company, department will support control of data access
This system is intended to collect location data only during active work hours and within immediate proximity of the project work site.
We only share and disclose your information in the following situations:
- Compliance with Laws. We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- Vital Interests and Legal Rights. We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Vendors, Consultants and Other Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your data with third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Unless described in this Policy, we do not share, sell, rent, or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- With your Consent. We may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
- When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
- We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure.
- If our system suffers a security breach that affects your personal information, we will inform you using the contact information you have provided.
- California and EU residents have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. These may include the right (i) to request access and obtain a copy of your personal information, (ii) to request rectification or erasure; (iii) to restrict the processing of your personal information; and (iv) if applicable, to data portability. In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. To make such a request, please use the contact information provided below. We will consider and act upon any legitimate request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
- If we are relying solely on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note however that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal.